Model Police Station
World has now turned into a global village and this phenomenon is only due to the age of information technology. Keeping in view the new international trends in policing, Punjab Govt. has taken a step further in organizing police structure and its effectiveness through PROMIS (Police Record & Office Management Information System). Model Police Station Mochiwala & Model police Station Shorkot City is now working efficiently in District Jhang. PROMIS aims at computerization of FIRs, its related updates, record of criminals (POs etc.), daily crime bulletin, data of vehicle theft/snatching & entries of all registers at Police Station level. It is, therefore, ensures effective Automation of Police Stations’ record and office management system of various Police Branches. In short, due to this system (PROMIS), Jhang Police is fulfilling all the international standards of a police organization.
Police Department of District Jhang has also taken initiative for Forensic art. Forensic art is any art used in law enforcement or legal proceedings. Within this field are such skills as composite drawing, crime scene sketching, image modification and image identification, courtroom drawings, demonstrative evidence, and postmortem and facial approximation aids. Not every forensic artist uses all of these skills. The skill of facial approximation is closely associated and related to forensic anthropology in that an artist specializes in the reconstruction of the remains of a human body. Generally this discipline focuses on the human face for identification purposes.
Jhang Police has also taken initiative to upgrade Rescue 15 with Digital system to chase the Modern world. District Jhang Police has initiative to introduce GPS tracking and digital monitoring for the fleet of vehicles (patrol vehicles of police stations & police posts, headquarter vehicles including trucks, buses, prison vans, and ambulances). Live speed, track of movement with 90 days history, stops & restarts along with live positions and mileage of the vehicles will be monitored through GPS trackers. GPS monitors will controls following activities:
- If any mobile van will remains static for more than 30 minutes at any point, it will be intimated to change the position and follow the proper patrolling SOPs
- If any mobile van will go out of order the patrolling officer will promptly inform GPS control. To handle such situation patrolling team establishes a picket for random checking of vehicles and will report back to GPS control about their performance
- If any mobile van will be engaged for a secret mission, concerned station house officer will inform the GPS control before departure
- At the end of every month fuel consumption report for every mobile van will be prepared according to the monthly mileage recorded through GPS system
- General Positioning System will be integrated with the Wireless Control and will soon be integrated with the Rescue 15